Holy Trinity Parish ChurchCoventry
5A Priory Row 
Warwickshire CV1 5EX
 
  
This 12th century Parish Church looks out on Broadgate in Coventry city centre, close to Coventry Cathedral and the statue of Lady Godiva in Cathedral Lanes Shopping Centre.
 
The Holy Trinity Church was built between the 13th and 14th centuries. During its life, it has seen some dramatic changes. Fire almost destroyed it in 1257 and since that date it has been rebuilt, extended and renovated as religious styles changed. During the heavy air raid in 1940, the bravery of the vicar and his team of fire-fighters saved Holy Trinity from the same fate as the Cathedral next door.
 
A Large Medieval Church
Holy Trinity is one of the largest medieval churches in England, with a spire (replaced in 1677) rising to 237 feet (72 metres). Visitors can be forgiven for mistaking it for its Coventry Cathedral neighbour as it is Cathedral size - almost 200 feet (61 metres) long. The weather vane on top of the spire is new and represents the Dove of Peace.
 
Inside is a wealth of 15th century treasures – the tallest pulpit in England, Misericords in the Choir, the amazing Doom mural and rich stained glass windows from the 20th century. The colours and detail of the Doom mural of the Last Judgment are as fresh as when it was painted in the 1430s.
 
Outside the Church is a modern day replica of a 16th century Cross which originally marked the market place about 109 yards (100 metres) from the modern replica.
 
The Church website has a detailed and interesting Web:  History of the Church
 
Plan Your Visit 
Accommodation- Search & Book through Expedia here: 
 
Opening Times
Monday to Saturday    09:30 - 16:00
Sundays                    Service Times
 
Services
There are four Sunday Services commencing at 08:00 hours.
Further information on Web: Holy Trinity Church Coventry/ Sunday Services
 
Admission Cost
There is no formal charge, however as the Parish Church does not receive any outside funding, they request a donation. There is a ‘Donation Chest’
 
Disabled Access
Yes, There are said to be facilities for the hearing impaired, however there are no toilet facilities. 
Contact & Further Information
Telephone  +44 (0)2476 220 418
Mail  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
 
Getting There
- By Car  
From the ring road (Ringway Swanswell – take exit 2 or Ringway Whitefriars – exit 3). There is a large ‘Pay & Display’ car park bounded by Fairfax Street and Cox Street.
 
This car park is very popular, however it is just a short walk to Priory Street, the Cathedral, Holy Trinity Parish Church and in fact the city centre. The Holy Trinity Parish Church is just behind Coventry Cathedral. The Church website has a detailed  Web:  'How to Find Us Map'
 
For additional parking information  Web:  Coventry Parking
 
Google Maps - Holy Trinity Parish Church, Coventry